A Pastor’s Network for the Common Good
At our core, we are a network of pastors who seek to encourage and resource each other to integrate faith, work, and economic wisdom for the flourishing of our communities.
We have a longing to take the gospel in all its fullness to all dimensions of human reality. Our desire is for everyone to grow in their faith and embrace the life-changing truth of the gospel in every aspect of their lives.
The Struggle of the Gap
One area where many struggle to make a connection — and where pastors often don’t know how to equip their congregations — is integrating the Christian faith with work and economic wisdom.
Most of our lives are spent working (whether paid or unpaid), but rarely do churches consistently address this topic head on. By failing to do so, churches miss the opportunity to minister to their congregations right where they live. In addition, we may be ignoring an area where many people seal off their faith from their lives.
Empowering a Growing Movement
We believe pastors have a key role to play in the faith and work movement because Christians miss out on something crucial when their church does not support them in this integration.
Because of this, we seek to develop flourishing pastors who are leading the local church with integrity of heart and skillful hands. We equip pastors in developing flourishing churches in the following ways:
We equip pastors with a more integral theological foundation of faith, work, and economic wisdom.
- Online Learning
- Online Resources
- Common Good Conference
- Pastoral Residencies
We assist pastors and leaders in integrating faith, work and economic wisdom in their churches.
- Learning Community
- Common Good Conference
- Chalmers Centers Grants
We connect pastors in local networks for mutual learning and encouragement.
- City Network Development
By connecting pastors to one another and providing a growing number of resources, access to thought leaders, and in-depth training centered around transforming ideas and best practices, we help you connect this theology to the everyday practices of your church and ministry so that you can truly equip your people and live this out with us for the common good of your city
If you are a pastor or serve in a pastoral role, consider joining our network. It’s free, and by opting in, you will receive the following benefits:
- A free pastoral starter kit. When you join the network, we will send you a package of resources including several books on faith, work, and economic wisdom integration.
- Free licenses to Theology of Work Bible Commentary in Logos. Also included with your resources is a free license to the Theology of Work Bible Commentary in Logos (note: a free license for
- Logos base software is also included).
- Free RightNow Media subscription. We will give you access to a RightNow Media subscription full of valuable resources to share with your team, church, and community.
- Monthly newsletter. We will send you our monthly newsletter on the latest resources, happenings, and events that are relevant to you.
- A growing library of online resources. Our website provides an increasing number of the best articles, sermons, videos, stories, profiles, books, and more on the biblical theology of work and how to integrate it into your church.
- Local city gatherings. You will be able to participate in city network gatherings in your area where you can meet other like-minded pastors who value faith and work integration.
- Hands-on training through our Learning Communities. Pastors and marketplace leaders gathered in a collaborative, laboratory learning environment centered around transforming ideas and best practices.
- Online training through webinars, courses, and virtual workshops. You will have access to our webinars and virtual workshops to provide continuing training in theological foundations and church integration, and access to key thought leaders.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why should I join Made to Flourish?
By connecting pastors to one another and providing a growing number of resources, access to thought leaders, and in-depth training centered around transforming ideas and best practices, we help you connect faith and work theology to the everyday practices of your church and ministry so that you can truly equip your spheres of influence and contribute to the common good of your city.
If I’m not a pastor, can I still get involved with Made to Flourish?
Although non-pastors do not qualify for all of our pastoral benefits, there are certainly still opportunities to get involved. All are welcome to utilize our website content, including a growing library of articles, videos, and webinars. Non-pastors are also welcome to attend city network events. If you’re interested in learning more, follow the link to our Get Involved.
If I live outside of the United States, can I join the network?
Currently, we only have the capacity to serve pastors and churches in the United States. However, all resources on our website are available to the public to utilize for teaching and training.