Dr. Timothy Keller is the founding pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Manhattan. For over twenty years he has led a diverse congregation of young professionals that has grown to a weekly attendance of over 5,000.
He is also Chairman of Redeemer City to City, which starts new churches in New York and other global cities, and publishes books and resources for faith in an urban culture. In over ten years they have helped to launch over 250 churches in 48 cities. More recently, Dr. Keller’s books, including the New York Times bestselling The Reason for God and The Prodigal God, have sold over 1 million copies and been translated into 15 languages.
Dr. Keller was born and raised in Pennsylvania, and educated at Bucknell University, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and Westminster Theological Seminary. He previously served as the pastor of West Hopewell Presbyterian Church in Hopewell, Virginia, Associate Professor of Practical Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary, and Director of Mercy Ministries for the Presbyterian Church in America.
Resources by Timothy Keller
- Why You Still Need the Gospel
- What is a Gospel Movement?
- Serving the City
- Faith and Work
- Changed Lives
- To Transform a City
- A Theology of Cities
- The Missional Church
- Why Culture Matters
- Tim Keller: Forming Fully Christian Workers
- Where Imagination and Innovation Meet
- Work and Rest
- What is a Missional Church?
- Redefining Work
- How Faith Affects Our Work
- Why Work Matters
- Lloyd-Jones on the Practice of Real Preaching
- Tim Keller: Spiritual and Secular Jobs are God’s Work
- The Future of American Cities, Part 2
- The Future of American Cities, Part 1
- Proverbs, Community, and the Culture
- The Big Issues Facing the Western Church
- Hope for Your Work
- The Gospel and the Poor
- Vocation: Discerning your calling
- A New Kind of Urban Christian
- How Should Churches and Leaders Be Preparing to Address The Big Issues Facing the Western Church?