City Network Leaders: Jim Baucom and Irwyn Ince
We are a group of pastors in search of innovative and sustainable ways to help congregations and congregational leaders connect their faith to their work and appreciate the labor of others as God’s work for the common good. Our goal is to see the Washington Metropolitan Network flourish through the collective ministry of the various churches in our community.
Employing a two-prong approach, each month we host either a Made to Flourish lunch associated with an event already attended by clergy or a freestanding luncheon for clergy to consider issues relating to faith and work. Each of these luncheons are offered free of charge to invited clergy as opportunities to build networks to explore and develop our common interest in the full integration of faith and work for God’s glory.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Key Recommended Resources
Recommended Books to Get Started
- Work Matters, Tom Nelson
- Visions of Vocation, Steven Garber
- Work: The Meaning of Your Life, Lester DeKoster
- A New Book: Work and Our Labor in the Lord, Matt Perman
Recommended Resources on the Go:
- Work, a sermon by Tim Keller
- A Story About Work, a sermon by Tim Mackie
- That’s What Makes You Beautiful, a sermon by Case Thorp
- Missio Alliance Lunch with Dr. Charlie Self
- Inaugural Luncheon – Gauging Our Strength for the Journey Ahead