City Network Leaders: Terry Timm
Our network includes a rich blend of pastors from inside and beyond the city of Pittsburgh. As a pastor’s network for the common good, we want to help pastors cure souls and care for the city.
With a tradition in the realm of faith, work and economics that stretches back more than 30 years, our network has strong ties to the Pittsburgh Leadership Foundation, the Coalition for Christian Outreach, local seminaries, and thought leaders and practitioners who have been working to strengthen the church and the culture of the city for decades. Much of our work includes helping pastors to live integrated lives that will allow them to be whole as persons and effective as pastors.
Cure of Souls
Some of our gatherings focus on the care of pastors with a particular emphasis on helping them to become clearer about their vocational calling and the craft of pastoring congregations here in Western Pennsylvania.
Care for the City
At the same time, we place a great emphasis on how to collaborate with one another to make our city flourish through the work, rest and play that we offer to God as our worship, as churches gathered on Sunday and scattered throughout the city from week to week.
Information, Integration, Institutions
- Information: From book recommendations to monthly lunches, we are eager to help pastors gain knowledge about a life that fully integrates faith culture and vocational stewardship personally, in the life of the church, and in the life of the city.
- Integration: We want pastors to take the knowledge they gain and integrate it into the ways they do their craft as pastors, how they live their lives at home, and how they live as citizens within the life of the city.
- Institutions: Because many churches have a gap between Sunday’s worship and Monday’s work, we are always striving to help pastors and their congregations disciple, conduct liturgy, do mission, preach, teach, and pastor in ways that integrate all of life so that churches and cities can flourish.
First Thursdays Monthly at 11:30am EST
520 North Homewood Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15208
To request more information and reserve your spot, please email Terry Timm
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Key Recommended Resources
- Work: The Meaning of Your Life, Lester DeKoster
- A Pastor’s Guide to Fruitful Work & Economic Wisdom: Understanding What Your People Do All Day
- Why Work?, Dorothy Sayers PDF
- Love & Economics: It Takes a Family to Raise a Village, Jennifer Morse
- The Poverty Cure, DVD Series and Online Interactive
- For the Life of the World: Letters to the Exiles, DVD Series
- Podcast #168: The Value of Deep Work in the Age of Distraction, Interview
- 21st Century Youth Ministry: Inviting Teens into Christian Adulthood
- Pastors Bootcamp
- Strength & Weakness with Andy Crouch
- Vocation Infusion Learning Community 2016
- Jubilee Professional
- FWE Lab with Steve Garber and Aaron Richardson
- Flourishing Churches, Flourishing Communities with Charlie Self
- Redeeming Work: Pittsburgh 2015