City Directors: Gabe Coyle and DeLano Sheffield
We are a group of pastors located across the Kansas City metro area. Our aim is to see our city flourish by helping everyone within the church to connect faith to our daily work. We seek to do that through various one-off events and a monthly lunch on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
Monthly lunches are a space where like-minded pastors talk about how faith, work and economics is (or isn’t) being integrated in our churches. The catalyst for that conversation may be in the discussion of a timely article, a book study, or a special speaker. Made to Flourish will cover your meal, and if you bring a friend serving in the pastoral vocation, you will receive a free book on faith & work.
Key Recommended Resources
Recommended Books to Get Started
- Work Matters, Tom Nelson
- Visions of Vocation, Steven Garber
- Work: The Meaning of Your Life, Lester DeKoster
Recommended Resources on the Go:
What has sparked my interest lately:
- The Danger of Suburban Theology in Urban Centers
- Cost of Poverty Experience
- Faith & Work for the Rest of Us
- Calling: Formed or Found?
- MTF Learning Community 2016